Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Challenge from Elder Betty Rickman

As I mentioned in my last post, life changing words are always going forth at COLC. At the beginning of this year, Pastor Yolanda said, “Declare Faith and Favor of God.” I’ve been standing on this word and praying for a car for my niece, who is in college. The faith and the favor of God allowed me to purchase my own home as a single woman in Christ and the stability to celebrate 20 years with my current employer. On March 10th, through declaring Faith and Favor, my sister and I were able to purchase my niece a new car! God is so good! Check it out!


My favorite scripture is one Pastor Morgan has quoted often recently.

Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and He will act. - Psalms 37:4-5

As Pastor Morgan has explained to us, the word "delight" means “pliable to God’s word." In other words, when you are flexible or adjustable to His will, not yours, specific requests are heard and brought into fruition.

I challenge you to commit yourself and stand with me to declare Faith and Favor over our lives, while reading this scripture daily, to see the blessings of God’s work in your life.

Remember - you have been challenged!!!

Elder Betty Rickman

No comments:

Post a Comment